Bio-based products and their benefits
What is a bio-based product?
Definition used for Federal Bio-based Product Preferred Provider Program (FB4P) A product determined to be a commercial or industrial product (other than food or feed) that is composed, in whole or in significant part, of biological products or renewable domestic agricultural materials (including plant, animal, and marine materials) or forestry materials.
A bio-based Product:
* Relies on plant or animal materials as the main ingredient.
* The plants or animals utilized are a renewable resource.
* With some exceptions, generally do not contain synthetics, toxins or environmentally damaging substances.
Benefits of Bio-based Products
* Generally healthier and safer for the user.
* Generally healthier for the environment.
* Generally chemical free.
* Reduced dependence on imported oil.
* Generally helpful to the economy.
* Extremely helpful to the rural economy.
Because bio-based products by definition are made from renewable plant or animal materials rather than synthetic chemicals or hydrocarbons, they:
* Help reduce water and air pollution by displacing fossil fuels and feed-stocks.
* Pose little or no risks to animal, plant, and marine life in the event of a spill.
* Pose far less risk to both indoor and outdoor environments when in use.
* Pose far less burden on landfills in disposal due to biodegradability.
Nova Spa Water Conditioner and Natural4spas Cleanser
* Uses natural products and microbes to remove organic materials and contaminants.
* Non-chlorine and chemical free products.
* Is a natural hot tub treatment.
* is environmentally friendly and is healthier and safer for the user.
* Costs less than traditional spa maintenance systems.